Frequently Asked Questions

Who are eligible for K-ETA for ‘Priority Entry (Business) Persons’?

Foreign nationals of the countries/regions where visa-free entry has been suspended who intend to

enter the Korea for an important business purpose are eligible for K-ETA for Priority Entry (Business) Persons.


However, those who intend to work for short term to engage in profit-making activities (C-4),

such as temporary performance activities, advertisementㆍfashion models, lectureㆍspeeches,

research, technical guidance, are not allowed to apply and must obtain a visa at a diplomatic mission for entry.



I am a national from a country where visa-free entry has been suspended, but if I depart from (or resides in) a visa-free entry country, can I apply for K-ETA?

The eligibility of the K-ETA application depends on the nationality stated on the bio page of the passport,

not on the country of residence or departure.

Therefore, if you are a national of a country where visa-free entry has been suspended, you cannot apply for K-ETA.


I have submitted the K-ETA application and received an application number. However, I received a notification e-mail saying that the application information will be deleted if the application is not completed.

 If you have a temporarily saved application, you may receive this e-mail saying your application will be deleted.

If you received the 'Approval for Electronic Travel Authorization' e-mail, you may disregard the notification email.


If I plan to stay at various places, how do I fill out the address?

If you plan to stay at various locations, please enter the address of main location where you will be staying during the visit.

If the address is changed after you obtained the K-ETA approval, please update it to us.

Please be advised that there may be disadvantages if you do not update your address.


When I upload my photo, it says that the file size limit exceeded. What should I do?

As numerous K-ETA applications from all over the world are being submitted, there is a limitation with the file size.

Your photo size should be less than 100KB and 700*700 pixels.



I cannot enter the address in the address box. How can I fill out the address where I will stay?

 For the address search, you can get the result quickly and easily

if you enter both the five-digit postal code and the road name (without the building number and special characters)

in the ‘Address Finder’ pop-up window.



During the COVID-19 situation, do I still need to submit a negative PCR test result after I receive a K-ETA?


Effective October 1 2022 ,

a COVID test, either Antigen or PCR, is not required for international arrivals to Korea, either before travel or after arrival.



During the current COVID-19 situation, who can apply for K-ETA and enter Korea?

Due to the COVID-19 situation,

5 countries/regions out of 112 countries/regions whose nationals are required for K-ETA have been suspended visa-free entry.

Therefore, as of September. 1, 2022,

K-ETA will be implemented to nationals of 107 countries and regions that can enter Korea without a visa.


Can I fill out the K-ETA application in any language?

No. Only English is available for filling out the K-ETA application.

The questions on the application form is available in 9 languages

.(Korean, English ,Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Thai)


My K-ETA application was disapproved. What can I do to enter Korea?


we are unable to give you the reason for the denial since it is subject to non-disclosure information.


You should visit a Korean Embassy (or Consulate) located in your jurisdiction and apply for an entry visa.



1 2 3 4 5 6